Compare Air Source Heat Pumps by CTC
Starting out in Sweden over 90 years ago, CTC is a company that’s grown to provide efficient and effective heating systems on a global scale. Their high performance product range includes air and ground source heat pumps, biomass boilers, solar thermal and heating controls.
CTC air source heat pumps are highly efficient air-to-water heating systems making them suitable for installation as part of a wet central heating system.
Get FREE CTC Air Source Heat Pump Quotes
CTC air source heat pumps
Here we’ll provide all the details you need about these CTC heat pumps but before then it’s important to know what to look out for. So, when comparing air source heat pumps, you’ll need to make note of the output rating, efficiency, warranty and potential costs.
- Output: The power of the air source heat pump is measured in kilowatts (kW) and displayed as the output rating. A suitable output rating is needed so that the heat pump is able to to meet the heating demands of your property.
To find out a suitable output rating, we highly recommend getting the expertise of a heat pump installer.
- Efficiency: Heat pumps convert electricity into heat and how well they do this is shown by the efficiency. To find out the efficiency of a heat pump, you need to look at the Coefficient of Performance (CoP). The CoP is a number which shows how much heat is produced per kilowatt-hour of electricity used.
Air source heat pumps are highly efficient heating systems that can produce 3-5 times as much heat for each kWh of electricity used. This makes them 300% to 500% efficient which, when compared to condensing gas boilers that achieve efficiencies of around 93%, you can see how efficient they really are.
- Warranty: After the installation of a heat pump, you’ll be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. During this warranty period – normally at least 12 months – you’ll typically be covered for any issues that develop as a result of the manufacturing process. It’s worth checking the manufacturer’s terms and conditions to see what’s covered during the warranty.
- Price: If you’re used to boilers, then the price of heat pumps is usually higher but over time you could see a return on investment. This is because you’ll be reducing your heating bills and potentially earning money through the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
CTC heat pump ranges include the CTC EcoAir 600M, CTC EcoAir 500M and CTC EcoAir 400.
CTC EcoAir 600M
CTC EcoAir 600M air source heat pumps are highly efficient air-to-water systems. There are 3 modules available in the range with outputs from 2.5 kW up to 22 kW.
- Adapts to the heating demands of the property (drops to a lower output when demand is low to help increase potential energy savings)
- Automatic defrosting to ensure reliability and longer life
- Able to deliver heating even when outdoor temperatures are as low as -22°C
- Very quiet during operation
- Take control of the heat pump using the CTC Connect+ app
|CTC EcoAir 600M||EcoAir 610M||EcoAir 614M||EcoAir 622M|
|Output range (kW)||2.5 – 10||2.5 – 14||4.5 – 22|
|Nominal heat output (cold climate)||6 / 7||8 / 8||9 / 9|
|Nominal heat output (moderate climate)||7 / 7||11 / 11||13 / 12|
|Coefficient of Performance (CoP)||4.71||4.71||5.07|
|Seasonal Coefficient of Performance (SCoP) in moderate climate 35/55 ˚C||4.8 / 3.6||4.9 / 3.8||4.9 / 3.8|
|SCOP in cold climate 35/55 ˚C||3.8 / 3.2||3.9 / 3.1||4.3 / 3.5|
|Energy Efficiency Class (@ 35 / 55°C)||A+++||A+++||A+++|
|Dimensions in mm (HxWxD)||1,080 x 1,245 x 545||1,080 x 1,245 x 545||1,180 x 1,375 x 645|
It’s recommended by CTC that an EcoAir 600M heat pump is installed alongside a CTC EcoZenith i350 indoor module. This module allows you to control the heat pump with a user-friendly touchscreen display as well as producing over 300 litres of hot water.
CTC EcoAir 500M
The CTC EcoAir 500M range of air source heat pumps that can automatically adjust to suit the heating needs of the property.
- Delivers hot water up to 65C when outdoor temperatures are as low as -22°C
- Has the potential to lower your heating bills by 80%
- A Seasonal Coefficient of Performance (SCoP) of 4.5
- Combine CTC Connect with a CTC Controller to take control of the heat pump from a smart device
|CTC EcoAir 500M||EcoAir 510M||EcoAir 520M|
|Output rating (kW)||2 – 10||4.9 – 22|
|Nominal heat output 35 / 55°C||6 / 6||9 / 8|
|Energy Efficiency Class (@ 35/55°C)||A++ / A++||A+++ / A++|
|Coefficient of Performance (CoP)||4.67 / 2.73||5.24 / 2.71|
|Seasonal Coefficient of Performance (SCoP) in moderate climate 35/55˚C||3.8 / 2.9||4.5 / –|
|SCOP in cold climate 35/55˚C||3.2 / 2.7||3.8 / 3.1|
|Dimensions in mm (HxWxD)||1,080 x 1,245 x 545||1,180 x 1,375 x 610|
CTC EcoAir 400
This is a range of air-to-water heat pumps that perform at highly efficient levels to deliver central heating and domestic hot water. To increase efficiency and reliability further, CTC EcoAir 400 heat pumps are now fitted with an improved compressor.
- Still able to heat your home in outdoor temperatures as low as -22°C
- Delivers hot water at temperatures of 65°C
- Performs at a low noise level
- Defrosts on demand
|CTC EcoAir 400M range||EcoAir 406M||EcoAir 408M||EcoAir 410M||EcoAir 415M||EcoAir 420M|
|Output rating (kW)||6.2 / 4.7 / 3.7||7.7 / 6.0 / 4.8||11.6 / 8.9 / 7.1||15.9 / 12.0 / 10.0||17.6 / 13.9 / 11.5|
|Nominal heat output 35 / 55°C||5 / 5||6 / 6||10/9||13/12||14/14|
|Energy Efficiency Class (@ 35/55°C)||A+++/A+||A+++/A+||A+++/A++||A+++/A+||A+++/A+|
|Coefficient of Performance (CoP)||4.59 / 3.53 / 2.87||4.64 / 3.62 / 2.97||4.86 / 3.65 / 3.03||4.76 / 3.57 / 3.03||4.62 / 3.54 / 3.02|
|Dimensions in mm (HxWxD)||1080 x 1245 x 545||1080 x 1245 x 545||1080 x 1245 x 545||1080 x 1245 x 545||1080 x 1245 x 545|
Why consider a CTC air source heat pump?
Installing a CTC heat pump has the potential to benefit your home in a number of ways. This is thanks to being so efficient, with CTC heat pumps producing 3-5 kWh of heat for each kWh of electricity used.
Lower heating bills
CTC heat pumps are highly efficient which could help to lower your heating bills.
Shrink your property’s carbon footprint
If you’re looking to replace a gas or oil boiler with a heat pump then your carbon footprint stands to shrink a lot. Unlike boilers, when heating the home an air source heat pump doesn’t burn fossil fuels – a process which emits carbon into the atmosphere. Instead heat is extracted from the air, a sustainable source of energy.
CTC air source heat pumps can still operate in freezing temperatures. Temperatures that we don’t really have to worry about here in the UK. So it will be able to heat your home all year-round.
Earn RHI payments
As an incentive for installing a heat pump, you can receive payments for the renewable heat being generated through the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). These are quarterly payments made over the course of 7 years and will help you to earn back your initial investment.
Need little maintenance
Unlike boilers, heat pumps require very little in the way of maintenance and don’t need to be replaced for 20-25 years. A boiler replacement, on the other hand, should be considered after 8-10 years.
How much do CTC air source heat pumps cost?
The average cost of an air source heat pump falls between £4,000 and £11,000. So you can expect to pay somewhere in this region for a CTC air source heat pump.
While the initial costs of an air source heat pump may seem high you could see a return on that investment through reduced heating bills and Renewable Heat Incentive payments.
Interested in a CTC air source heat pump?
When it comes to the installation of your new air source heat pump, we highly recommend comparing quotes. This will help you to find the most competitive price possible and ensure you aren’t overcharged. This is where we can help.
We have a network of heat pump installers and to connect with those local to you, all you have to do is complete our online form. All the form asks for is some details about the work you’re planning and we’ll use that information to match you with suitably qualified installers. You’ll then get free no-obligation quotes from as many as 3 installers for you to compare.
Get FREE CTC Air Source Heat Pump Quotes