How we're operating during the COVID-19 pandemic

Find out more How we’re operating during COVID-19
  • Get the best quotes, fast!
  • Over 5,000 engineers across the UK
  • Gas Safe registered engineers

Need a New Boiler?

Get FREE no-obligation quotes now!

  • No delays! Get quotes today
  • Compare quotes & get the best prices
  • Gas Safe & OFTEC registered engineers
 4.7 stars

1,265 reviews

 4.7 stars

1,265 reviews

Faulty boiler linked to death of millionaire's daughter

7th Feb 2011

A millionaire’s ­daughter has died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty boiler at her family home.

Zoe Anderson, 24, a Neuroscience graduate was found slumped in the bathroom of her father's house on December 28, 2010.

Police initially thought she had fallen in the shower and banged her head. But it is now believed her death was caused by a carbon monoxide leak from a boiler.

Miss Anderson's father, magazine tycoon Chris Anderson, is said to be 'heartbroken'. On his website, he wrote of his ­'terrifying grief' over the tragedy which took place at his property in Bath.

Avon and Somerset Police arrested a man in connection with the case on January 14. It is thought that he fitted the boiler.

The man has since been released on police bail until February 28 pending further inquiries.

Boiler Guide Team

About the author

Boiler Guide Team

Boiler Guide has been home to a host of heating experts who have helped millions of UK homeowners searching for advice and guidance. If you’ve got heating questions, we’ll have the answers.

Need a new boiler?

Get FREE no-obligation quotes now!

Excellent 4.7 out of 5

Find local heating engineers

Find approved boiler engineers
in your area.

Begin your search by entering your postcode below.