How we're operating during the COVID-19 pandemic

Find out more How we’re operating during COVID-19
  • Get the best quotes, fast!
  • Over 5,000 engineers across the UK
  • Gas Safe registered engineers

Need a New Boiler?

Get FREE no-obligation quotes now!

  • No delays! Get quotes today
  • Compare quotes & get the best prices
  • Gas Safe & OFTEC registered engineers
 4.8 stars

1,272 reviews

 4.8 stars

1,272 reviews

Faulty Boiler Part Blamed For Toni & Guy Blaze

8th Jul 2011

Firefighters were called to a blaze at a Toni & Guy hairdressing salon in St Albans yesterday, which resulted in the salon having to be shut down.

Fire damage was contained to the basement of the Chequer Street hairdressing salon just after 2pm on Wednesday afternoon, but the salon was logged with smoke, forcing staff and customers to be evacuated from the building. Neighbouring Nando’s Restaurant was also evacuated, due to spreading smoke.

A spokewoman for Toni & Guy said the salon required repainting, but was due to reopen today.

A faulty boiler part is being blamed for sparking the basement blaze.

Boiler Guide Team

About the author

Boiler Guide Team

Boiler Guide has been home to a host of heating experts who have helped millions of UK homeowners searching for advice and guidance. If you’ve got heating questions, we’ll have the answers.

Need a new boiler?

Get FREE no-obligation quotes now!

Excellent 4.8 out of 5

Find local heating engineers

Find approved boiler engineers
in your area.

Begin your search by entering your postcode below.