Firefighters who put out a boiler fire are urging the public to keep theirs regularly serviced

21st Jan 2011

The fire service has warned homeowners to keep their boilers regularly serviced after a blaze in Worcestershire.

The fire started in a ground floor boiler cupboard in a thatched cottage in Sedgbeberrow, on Friday, January 14.

Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue Service rushed to the scene where four firefighters with breathing apparatus used two hose reels to extinguish it.

Although the boiler at this property was said to be relatively new, station commander Mark Strutt has issued a statement advising everyone to have their boilers serviced regularly to minimise the risk of fire.

No one was hurt during the incident.