Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firebird Boiler Probs ?

Collapse
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firebird Boiler Probs ?

Can anyone help me with this problem please.I have a Firebird Popular 90 gravity open vent, fitted 1998. 9 rads with R/Vs. Boiler is set on 60c all the time this is it`s lowest setting. Even when I run the rads on their lowest setting ,the boiler cycles 3 min on 4 mins off. If I turn off 6 of the 9 rads the best I can get is 3min on 8 mins off. This is not enough to keep us warm, but otherwise the oil bill is costing us a lot of money.

Ther are no other controls whatsoever on the system just the boiler stat. Nothing on the hot water cylinder except the immersion. No room stat, no valves, just the boiler stat. Because we only have 3 rads on, the hot water (tap) is red hot. Something is not right here. Does anyone have any suggestions please, would be a great help. Thank You.

just have a combi fitted

Comment

Requires the controls upgrading, minimum requirement would be conversion to fully pumped operation, with individual control for hot water and heating.

Comment

Thank you kbs and syncrostan. Yes this is the problem,we have`nt got any controls, only the boiler stat ! Is that upgrade called s plan ? What exactly does fully pumped require, do you mean valves and thermo`s. Sorry but I only have a limited understanding of these things.

Comment

Yes, an S plan would be the easy option, and could be combined with thermostatic radiator valves.

Comment

Thanks syncrostan, will get a few quotes for s plan and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
            X