Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpha cb24

Collapse
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha cb24

Hi Can anyone help me would be great full my boiler wont start when I try and turn it on the dial neither the hot water or heating the two lights on the panel keep flashing on and off and wont go away.

Top ligt is A bottom is B
    If A and B flash together, fan or flue fault is indicated
    If they flash alternatively system pressure is low
    If A is on and B flashing indicates pump fault or blockage

Comment

Repaired a CB28 earlier this week, possibly with the same fault. Looking at your pictures it looks like your boiler has lost pressure (indicated by the pressure gauge). With the CB24/28 the boiler won't work unless it is pressurised to 1 bar when cold, and the A and B lights will flash alternately when the pressure falls below 1 bar. If this is the case the cause of the pressure loss will have to be identified and repaired. Fill the system to 1 bar, then look for any obvious signs of a leak around the boiler and check to see if the pressure relief pipe is discharging. Either way you will need to employ the services of a Gas Safe Registered engineer. Hope this helps.

Comment

Worked on one this week with what would seem to be same problem and it was the pump.

Comment

Working...
        X