Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glow worm 24ci losing pressure...now has no pressure at all....

Collapse
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow worm 24ci losing pressure...now has no pressure at all....

Hi I have a glow worm 24ci, late July it started losing pressure when I switched the heating on. British Gas came out and decided it was the bypass and safety valve. A week later they replaced the bypass and safety valve and also added some leak sealant. However the boiler still lost pressure...dropping to 0.5 bars if I ran the heating. British Gas thought that I needed a powerflush and also thought there is a leak but couldn't find any signs of a leak. Anyway I got the powerflush done by a plumber I know quite well. After the powerflush the bars rose to 2.5. As soon as I switched on the heating after 30 mins or so the bars shot up to 3.2 which didn't look right to me. The bars then dropped to 0.0 and I haven't had any hot water or heating since. Does anybody know what could be wrong with my boiler? Is it dead?

Sounds like the heat exchanger turn boiler off presurise it and disconnect the condense pupe if it drips, its the primary heat exchanger

Comment

urban plumbing

Hi given all the work you have done already it sounds as if your pressure vessel needs to be changed. There is probably a hole in it.

Comment

yes another vote for either pressure vessel lost charge, or ruptured membrane within pressure vessel.

Comment

Working...
        X