Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glow worm combi 24cxi hot water goes cold then hot then cold ....

Collapse
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow worm combi 24cxi hot water goes cold then hot then cold ....

when I'm having bath or shower, water temperature changes from normal hot to luke warm to freezing cold! Leave it for a bit and it's back to normal for a while then happens again!!! I've got a glow worm 24cxi combi boiler and there are no warning signs or flashing warning lights coming on when this happens!! Pressure is in the correct range to?!!
    CH is ok and works fine! Although taken CH off timer as it's now warmer, but when hot water disappeared, heating would come on then go off again when hot water came back?!? Now I've turned CH off this doesn't happen!!
    I've googled it and it says different things such as radiators being clogged up so water can't get round the system?! Or Blocked plate being Full of scale? Or the the divertor valve?!
    I don't fancy ringing British Gas and paying out a fortune!!
    Any suggestions? Advice would be so appreciated x

You need to check if the diverter valve is letting by in to heating system when on hot water demand if its not then possibly plate exchanger needs descaling or changing.

Comment

Originally posted by surewarm View Post
      You need to check if the diverter valve is letting by in to heating system when on hot water demand if its not then possibly plate exchanger needs descaling or changing.
      Thank you so much for replying! Really appreciate it!
      Is this a job I can do or get someone to it? Or do I need to ring British gas?
      Many thanks once again x

Comment

you NEVER need to ring british gas !!!!!

Comment

Don't do it yourself as not gas safe. Go on gas safe website and find someone close to where you live. I agree, never ring British gas. Will cost you a lot and will have to join an annual service scheme.

Comment

Working...
          X