Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installing the VRT350F

Collapse
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing the VRT350F

Hi all,

I have recently installed a Vaillant VRT350F into an Vaillant EcoTec Pro 28. I used to have a TimeSwitch 130. I still have a hard wired thermostat in one room only.
    I wanted to install this option so I could have control for the heating from room to room.
    The installation appeared to be straight forward. Remove the TimeSwitch and install the VRT350F in to the boiler. Turn the heating dial on the control unit and Bob's your uncle.
    However, whilst when I turn the dial, the LED on the control unit blinks (which suggests the wireless connection is established), the heating is not being controlled.
    Am I doing something stupid? On the surface it seems like an easy job.

Thanks for looking

Please ignore the above. Turns out I installed it fine. It just takes 10 seconds or so for the wireless control to kick the boiler in. I'm an idiot!

Comment

Originally posted by tetleyted View Post
      Hi all,

I have recently installed a Vaillant VRT350F into an Vaillant EcoTec Pro 28. I used to have a TimeSwitch 130. I still have a hard wired thermostat in one room only.
      I wanted to install this option so I could have control for the heating from room to room.

Thanks for looking
      Coincidentally, I have almost the same. ecoTEC plus 837 with timeSWITCH 150 plus a non-Vaillant hardwired thermostat in one room. I hadn't thought bout the implications of having an existing hardwired thermostat as well.

Are you saying that the hard-wired doesn't have to be removed and the two can exist together? If so, my guess is that the boiler would turn on the heat when either the hardwired room is below hardwired temp or when the wireless unit temp is below what the unit is set to. Is that right?

Q2. The ecoTEC plus 837 has a metal door and the timeSWITCH (which would be replaced by the VRT350F receiver) is behind this metal door. Does the wireless link work through the metal door?

PS sorry to hear about the error on your other thread.

Comment

Working...
      X