Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems after service by Vaillant engineer

Collapse
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems after service by Vaillant engineer

Hi All,

Long story short...

Vaillant engineer, annual service, removed and refitted magnaclean, left leaking valves. Boiler ran out of water, fault F22, re-filled and then boiler would not fire.

Hive controls all reset repeatedly, no difference. After much messing around, tapping 22mm pipe in airing cupboard they sounded empty even though boiler shows 1.5bar. proceeded to bleed magnaclean, released some air. Boiler will still not fire, just sound like the fan / pump is running. Opened and closed magnaclean valves several times, leak increased and decreased. Kept tapping the pipes and eventually I got the boiler to fire.

Now, leak reduced, diverter valve looks like it is working and the hive kicks in the central heating OK, but when trying for water only, nothing, just S7 on the boiler, it doesn't fire up?

I couldn't figure this out at all, everything was working perfectly until the service was carried out!!!!

any ideas?

Vaillant EcoPlue 624 - sealed system
    Water tank in airing cuboard
    I thinks it's 'Y' plan
    Hive dual controller - hot water and central heating.

Working...
X