Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worcester Greenstar 30cdi rumbling

Collapse
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worcester Greenstar 30cdi rumbling

All of a sudden my boiler which is just over 2 years old has started to make some very odd noises. Once it's lit, the noise randomly starts with a low rumbling noise which then suddenly increases in volume and then stops abruptly (the noise that is). Boiler works fine and heats water and there
    is nothing showing on the display to indicate any sort of error.
    Anyone have any ideas? I have an engineer coming on Tuesday but just wondered if anyone had seen this before?

Just to add a bit more. Engineer came and typically it never made the noise!! He did a check for flue gas analysis and it passed with very good results. Of course since he's gone it's been making the noise again. It actually sounds like a ships fog horn and only lasts a matter of seconds.

Comment

You may find its not a problem with the boiler- if you get the boiler working on central heating and leave it to heat up for 5 -10 mins then go to each individual thermostatic radiator valve and slowly wind them down to the 0 position and listen for a slight noise. The one that makes a noise is faulty and needs replacing. Hopefully it will be something as simple as that for you.

Comment

Had a worcester-bosch engineer out yesterday and he knew what the problem was straight away!!
        The air/gas mixture was way to low when the boiler was on 'tickover'. Was 4.8 when it should have been 9.
        Quick tweak with a srewdriver and his gas analyser and all sorted

Comment

pleased to hear that - wb are very good at their job, and a warranty means a warranty to them,ot like most of the other boiler makers.. i'm wb accredited if your near me and need any help in future....

Comment

I'm in Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by LenCuff View Post
              All of a sudden my boiler which is just over 2 years old has started to make some very odd noises. Once it's lit, the noise randomly starts with a low rumbling noise which then suddenly increases in volume and then stops abruptly (the noise that is). Boiler works fine and heats water and there
              is nothing showing on the display to indicate any sort of error.
              Anyone have any ideas? I have an engineer coming on Tuesday but just wondered if anyone had seen this before?

I have a similar problem only on my one it happened a 3.30 am when the heating was off, a loud rumbling that went on for about two minutes then stopped. It did this once before last year, I put it down to an antifreeze function kicking in but it never did it again, till last night.

Comment

Working...
              X