Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banging clunking noise from Worcester Greenstar28i junior

Collapse
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banging clunking noise from Worcester Greenstar28i junior

Hi all,

From a newbie.....

I have a Worc' Greenstar 28i junior boiler which has started making a loud-ish clunking/banging noise, not sure if from the boiler or pipes to it, but it is whenever I turn a hot/cold water tap off . It also makes the noise when the boiler is filling up or the cistern. It gets even worse when Iíve also got the central heating turned on at the same time. Can anyone shed any light on this problem.

Also during the summer months the Hot water has been very hot but now since the heating has been on the temp has dropped... Unable to adjust the Hot water temp as there are no controls on this boiler, I wondered if this was linked to the above or is just coincidence....

All radiators have been bled but not balanced. Heating output appears fine...

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance....

Sounds like you've got explosive ignition. Which is why you hear banging / clunking as its the build up of gases.

Could be that the sensors have been worn down over general wear and tear. It could mean they aren't recognising that there's sufficient gas so doesnt attempt to ignite the flame until there's

Comment

Working...
    X