Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intermittent hot water to shower. Greenstar 24i junior boiler.

Collapse
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent hot water to shower. Greenstar 24i junior boiler.

This is really getting me down! The boiler has been in (Worcester Greenstar 24i junior) for about six years, and is regularly serviced. It had a good flush through about six months ago, and has a magnetic filter fitted. My old shower used to get cold sometimes for the last person in, which wasn't a massive problem as I was never last. I had a new bathroom fitted about 7 months ago and it was lovely for about a month, and then the same thing started happening.
    The shower is an Aqualisa Midas 110 thermostatic. Aqualisa came out and replaced the shower but the problem continued. They came again and replaced the thermostat. The boiler was serviced and had a good flush though but the lack of hot water problem just keeps getting worse. Aqualisa have again replaced the whole shower column last week but it's still not consistently hot. Sometimes starts hot then goes tepid, then cold. Sometimes boiler doesn't fire at all when shower is turned on, and only cold water comes out (obviously). But this doesn't happen every time.
    I've had the heating engineer out today, who is coming back later in the week to replace a part on the boiler (the fan I think), but he says he isn't confident that this will fix it and says it is probably the shower that isn't compatible with the boiler. I really don't want to have a new shower put in, given that the one I have is brand new (plus the whole retiling thing). Also, from looking online, Aqualisa are meant to work well with the Worcester Greenstar that I have. I don't want to sort out a new shower (again) for the problem to persist, which, given the history of it, I think is more than likely.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks, C.
Working...
X