Compare Vaillant Ground Source Heat Pumps
Well known for their efficient and reliable boilers, Vaillant also manufactures a range of renewable heating systems. Vaillant ground source heat pumps are available in a range
Comparing ground source heat pumps to find the right one for your home means looking at the output rating, efficiency, warranty and, of course, the price.
- Output rating: A ground source heat pump’s power is measured in kilowatts (kW). It’s important to install a heat pump with an output rating that matches the heating demands of your home. Otherwise, if it’s too low, it will fail to meet demand and if it’s too high then your energy bills could end up soaring. A professional heat pump installer will be able to recommend the most suitable output for your home.
- Efficiency: Heat pumps need electricity for power and how much heat they generate from the electricity is shown as the efficiency. You can see how efficient a heat pump is by looking at the Seasonal Coefficient of Performance (SCoP). Vaillant heat pumps have a SCoP of between 4.4 and 5.1 (at 35C) which means a kWh of electricity is converted into 4 to 5 times as much heat.
- Warranty: After the installation of a heat pump, you’ll be covered by a manufacturer warranty. This means that in the unlikely event of an issue, the manufacturer will seek to repair it.
All warranties vary in terms of length and what’s covered during that time so make sure to check the terms and conditions.
- Price: The upfront costs of a ground source heat pump and the installation are much higher than a conventional boiler. However, they can last twice as long as boilers and could help to lower your heating bills. Plus, RHI payments can potentially see you make a return on that investment.
Vaillant ground source heat pumps are efficient, reliable and quiet heating systems available in a range of outputs to suit the heating demands of different homes.
Vaillant ground source heat pumps
Vaillant have two ground source heat pump ranges: geoTHERM and flexoTHERM.
Vaillant geoTHERM ground source heat pump
Vaillant geoTHERM heat pumps are available in outputs of 21.5 kW up to 45.4 kW and come with an extensive warranty of up to 7 years.
|Vaillant geoTHERM models||Output Rating||Seasonal Coefficient of Performance at 35°C (SCoP)||Maximum Flow Temperature||Warranty|
|VWS 220/3||21.5 kW||4.4||62°C||Up to 7 years|
|VWS 300/3||30.9 kW||4.4||62°C||Up to 7 years|
|VWS 380/3||37.7 kW||4.4||62°C||Up to 7 years|
|VWS 460/3||45.5 kW||4.4||62°C||Up to 7 years|
Vaillant flexoTHERM multi-source heat pump
Vaillant flexoTHERM heat pumps can be installed alongside a ground collector or vertical borehole system. A range of outputs is available in 230V (5 kW, 8 kW and 11 kW) and 400V (5 kW, 8 kW, 11 kW, 15 kW, 19 kW).
|Vaillant flexoTHERM models||Output Rating||Seasonal Coefficient of Performance at 35°C (SCoP)||Maximum Flow Temperature||Warranty|
|5kW 230V||5.3 kW||4.6||65°C||Up to 5 years|
|8kW 230V||8.9 kW||4.6||65°C||Up to 5 years|
|11kW 230V||11.2 kW||4.7||65°C||Up to 5 years|
|5kW 400V||5.2 kW||4.9||65°C||Up to 5 years|
|8kW 400V||8.7 kW||5.3||65°C||Up to 5 years|
|11kW 400V||11.1 kW||5.3||65°C||Up to 5 years|
|14kW 400V||14.2 kW||5.1||65°C||Up to 5 years|
|19kW 400V||19.5 kW||4.8||65°C||Up to 5 years|
Benefits of Vaillant ground source heat pumps
Heating your home with a ground source heat pump comes with many benefits no matter the manufacturer. These include lower heating bills, no carbon emissions and very little maintenance.
As well as the above, Vaillant ground source heat pumps have their own set of unique benefits too.
- Fitted with weather compensation controls to maximise efficiency
- A clear digital display shows how much heat is being absorbed from the ground
- One of the quietest heat pumps on the market – as shown by its Quiet Mark award
- The heat pump compressor is covered by a 10 year warranty
- MCS certified
- Suitable for ground collectors and vertical boreholes
- Green iQ technology ensures maximum efficiency and reliability
- Boasts a Quiet Mark awards as it operates as quietly as a modern refrigerator (400V range)
- For large properties and commercial buildings, up to 7 flexoTHERM heat pumps can be installed together
- MCS accredited
How much do Vaillant ground source heat pumps cost?
Vaillant ground source heat pumps typically cost between £8,000 and £11,000 with prices varying depending on the range and model.
|Vaillant Ground Source Heat Pumps||Potential Cost|
|geoTHERM VWS 220/2||£8,000 – £8,200|
|geoTHERM VWS 300/2||£8,400 – £8,500|
|geoTHERM VWS 380/2||£8,900 – £9,000|
|geoTHERM VWS 460/2||£10,000 – £11,000|
|flexoTHERM 5 kW 230V||£5,650 – £5,750|
|flexoTHERM 8 kW 230V||£5,700 – £5,800|
|flexoTHERM 11 kW 230V||£6,000 – £6,100|
|flexoTHERM 15 kW 400V||£6,800 – £7,000|
The potential costs in the table above are for the heating system only and not the installation. To find out how much the installation of a ground source heat pump will come to for your home, you will need to get quotes.
We have a network of fully-qualified ground source heat pump installers ready and waiting to provide you with a quote. All you have to do to connect with them is complete our quick and easy online form.
You’ll get completely free quotes from as many as three installers and there’s no-obligation to accept them. By comparing at least three quotes, you’ll have the peace of mind that your new heat pump is being installed at the most competitive price.
Get FREE Vaillant Ground Source Heat Pump Quotes