Compare Viessmann Ground Source Heat Pumps
Viessmann have added to their industry leading range of boilers with a wide selection of ground source heat pumps. Viessmann ground source heat pumps are the ideal option to help transition your home towards a low carbon future.
When comparing ground source heat pumps – or any heating system – it’s important to consider the output rating, efficiency, warranty and, of course, potential cost.
- Output: The power of the heat pump is measured in kilowatts (kW) and known as the output rating. Larger properties with a high demand for central heating will need a heat pump with a larger output rating. Your installer will be able to recommend a suitable output rating able to meet the needs of your home.
- Efficiency: The efficiency of a heat pump relates to how much heat it’s able to produce from the electricity needed to power it. Ground source heat pumps are highly efficient and capable of delivering efficiencies of 300% to 500%. So, for every kWh (kilowatt-hour) of electricity that’s 3 to 5 kW of heat.
When comparing ground source heat pump efficiency, look out of the Coefficient of Performance (CoP). The CoP shows how much heat you’ll be getting per kilowatt hour of electricity. And in the case of Viessmann ground source heat pumps this ranges from 4.1 to 6.6.
- Warranty: During a warranty period, you’ll be able to rely on the manufacturer to resolve any issues with the heat pump that you may experience. What’s covered will be highlighted within their own terms and conditions so check them thoroughly before committing. Viessmann ground source heat pumps are available with a warranty of 5-7 years.
- Price: Ground source heat pumps are one of the more expensive heating systems available. In addition to the cost of the unit itself, you’ll also need to factor in the installation. Which, for a ground source heat pump, can be anywhere between £3,000 and £30,000.
As well as the initial costs, it’s important to also consider the long term savings. The savings being made on your heating bills could actually see you make a return on your initial investment. Plus, the return could happen even sooner with payments through the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
Viessmann ground source heat pumps largely operate as brine/water which means that they absorb geothermal heat. The Vitocal 300-G and Vitocal 350-G ranges can be converted to water/water ground source heat pumps which take heat from ground water.
Viessmann Vitocal 200-G heat pumps
Ideal for installation in new build and semi-detached properties, the Viessmann Vitocal 200-G range is efficient, quiet and simple to install.
|Vitocal 200-G Models||Output Rating (kW)||Coefficient of Performance (CoP) – Central Heating||Maximum Flow Temperature|
Viessmann Vitocal 222-G heat pumps
Vitocal 222-G heat pumps are available in outputs of 5.8 kW up to 10.4 kW and can provide domestic hot water as well as central heating. They’re suitable for installation within detached homes to meet a domestic hot water cylinder capacity of up to 220 litres.
|Vitocal 222-G Models||Output Rating (kW)||Coefficient of Performance (CoP) – Central Heating||Maximum Flow Temperature|
Viessmann Vitocal 300-G heat pumps
On their own, Vitocal 300-G heat pumps are a perfect match for detached homes. Alternatively, 2 units can be paired together to meet higher heating demands in residential buildings. Once installed, these are highly efficient heat pumps that are solar-compatible which will help to lower running costs.
The below models are brine/water which means they absorb geothermal energy from the ground.
|Vitocal 300-G Models (Brine/Water)||Output Rating (kW)||Coefficient of Performance (CoP) – Central Heating||Maximum Flow Temperature|
Below are the water/water Vitocal 300-G heat pumps which can deliver higher efficiencies.
|Vitocal 300-G Models (Water/Water)||Output Rating (kW)||Coefficient of Performance (CoP) – Central Heating||Maximum Flow Temperature|
Viessmann Vitocal 350-G heat pumps
These Vitocal 350-G ground source heat pumps are particularly powerful and designed for installation within residential buildings. They’re highly efficient and are able to deliver hot water temperatures up to 70°C.
|Vitocal 350-G Models (Brine/Water)||Output Rating (kW)||Coefficient of Performance (CoP) – Central Heating||Maximum Flow Temperature|
The Vitocal 350-G range also includes water/water heat pumps – details of which can be found below.
|Vitocal 350-G Models (Water/Water)||Output Rating (kW)||Coefficient of Performance (CoP) – Central Heating||Maximum Flow Temperature|
Benefits of Viessmann ground source heat pumps
Heating your home with a ground source heat pump is very beneficial for a number of reasons. These include, lower carbon emissions, reduced heating bills and the possibility of receiving government subsidies through the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
In addition to the above, Viessmann ground source heat pumps also have their own unique set of benefits:
- Highly efficient operation – some models have a CoP over 6
- Maximum flow temperatures that are effective with conventional radiators
- Outputs ranging from 5.2 kW upwards to suit the heating and hot water demands of various property types
- Take control of the heat pump and your heating from anywhere with the ViCare App
How much do Viessmann ground source heat pumps cost?
The price of Viessmann ground source heat pumps suitable for domestic installation range from £7,5000 to £24,500. Costs will vary depending on the range and model which you can see in the table below.
|Viessmann Ground Source Heat Pump Range||Potential Cost|
|Vitocal 200-G||£7,500 – £9,000|
|Vitocal 222-G||£8,500 – £9,500|
|Vitocal 300-G||£9,000 – £12,100|
|Vitocal 350-G||£10,000 – £24,500|
In addition to the cost of the heat pump itself, you will also need to consider the installation. And to keep the installation costs to a minimum we highly recommend comparing quotes from multiple installers.
Rather than searching for heat pump installers yourself, we can connect you with fully-qualified professionals based in your area. All you need to do is complete our online form – letting us know you’re interested in having a heat pump installed – and as many as 3 installers will be in touch. Each will provide a free quote for you to then compare, giving you the greatest chance of finding the most competitive price.
Get FREE Heat Pump Quotes