How we're operating during the COVID-19 pandemic

Find out more How we’re operating during COVID-19
  • Get the best quotes, fast!
  • Over 5,000 engineers across the UK
  • Gas Safe registered engineers

Need a New Boiler?

Get FREE no-obligation quotes now!

  • No delays! Get quotes today
  • Compare quotes & get the best prices
  • Gas Safe & OFTEC registered engineers
 4.7 stars

1,265 reviews

 4.7 stars

1,265 reviews

Man in Court Over Carbon Monoxide Death

8th Jul 2011

A man has appeared in court charged with the manslaughter of a millionaire's ­daughter who died from carbon monoxide poisoning due to a faulty boiler in December 2010.

Zoe Anderson, 24, a neuroscience graduate was found slumped in the bathroom of her father's house in Landsdown, Bath. She was initially thought to have slipped and hit her head when she was found dead.

Andrew Hartley, 36, of Bath New Road, Radstock, also faces two charges of contravening gas safety regulations.

No plea was entered at Bristol Crown Court and Mr Hartley was bailed until a hearing in October.

Miss Anderson was the daughter of Chris Anderson, the founder of the Bath-based Future Publishing company.

Boiler Guide Team

About the author

Boiler Guide Team

Boiler Guide has been home to a host of heating experts who have helped millions of UK homeowners searching for advice and guidance. If you’ve got heating questions, we’ll have the answers.

Need a new boiler?

Get FREE no-obligation quotes now!

Excellent 4.7 out of 5

Find local heating engineers

Find approved boiler engineers
in your area.

Begin your search by entering your postcode below.