Compare Kensa Ground Source Heat Pumps
Kensa ground source heat pumps are award-winning heating systems manufactured in the UK. They have a wealth of experience with renewable energy and offer an extensive range of efficient heat pumps.
When searching for a suitable ground source heat pump for your home, it's important to compare the output rating, efficiency, warranty and potential cost.
- Output rating: Measured in kilowatts (kW), the output rating measures the power of the heat pump. It's essential the output rating matches the heating demands of your home otherwise it will either struggle to meet demand or turn on and off more often – increasing the likelihood of a fault. A qualified heat pump installer will be able to recommend the most suitable output rating for your property.
- Efficiency: Ground source heat pumps are highly efficient heating systems that can deliver 4-5 times as much energy as they use. The efficiency of a heat pump is displayed by the Coefficient of Performance (CoP) and ErP rating.
- Warranty: After the installation, the manufacturer will see that you're covered in the unlikely event of a fault. Kensa heat pumps are covered by a 5 year warranty while the controller and water pipes have a 2 year warranty.
- Price: Ground source heat pumps are a relatively expensive heating system compared to other options. Kensa heat pumps are available from £3,510 and that's before installation.
Over time, you could potentially earn much of this money back thanks to reduced heating bills and payments through the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
Kensa ground source heat pumps (single phase)
Kensa ground source heat pumps are all MCS approved and available in a wide range of outputs to suit many property types.
Kensa Evo ground source heat pumps are an ideal option for medium-sized to larger properties.
- The Genesis System Manager takes care of optimising performance
- Low sound levels
- Designed to heat a home for as long as 20 years
- Straightforward installation can help to save you money
|Kensa Evo Ground Source Heat Pumps||Nominal Output Rating||ErP Efficiency Rating||Coefficient of Performance (CoP)||Maximum Flow Temperature||Warranty|
|7||7 kW||A++||4.48||64°C||5 years|
|9||9 kW||A++||4.36||63°C||5 years|
|13||13 kW||A++||4.14||63°C||5 years|
|17||17 kW||A++||3.81||50°C||5 years|
The Kensa Shoebox range of ground source heat pumps are the 'smallest and quietest' heat pumps available on the market. They're a great option for smaller properties, such as apartments and flats, and can be installed as part of a district heating system.
- Compact dimensions allow for installation within an airing cupboard
- Can provide cooling during the summer
- Similar noise levels to a fridge
- Straightforward electrical connection for smooth installation
|Kensa Shoebox Ground Source Heat Pumps||Nominal Output Rating||ErP Efficiency Rating||Coefficient of Performance (CoP)||Maximum Flow Temperature||Warranty|
|7||3 kW||A++||4.05||65°C||5 years|
|9||6 kW||A++||3.84||65°C||5 years|
This is an extensive range of ground source heat pumps with outputs ranging from 12 kW right up to 24 kW.
- Electrical 'soft starts' minimise peak electricity consumption
- Tracks outdoor temperatures and responds by setting appropriate heating temperatures
- Designed for installation within an outhouse saving room in your property
- Three phase models with outputs up to 30 kW are available for commercial buildings
|Kensa Twin Compact Ground Source Heat Pumps||Nominal Output Rating||ErP Efficiency Rating||Coefficient of Performance (B0/W35)||Maximum Flow Temperature||Warranty|
|Standard 16||16 kW||A++||4.15||55°C||5 years|
|Standard 20||20 kW||A+||4.16||55°C||5 years|
|Standard 24||24 kW||A+||4.14||55°C||5 years|
|High Temperature 12||12 kW||A++||4.16||65°C||5 years|
|High Temperature 17||17 kW||A++||4.15||65°C||5 years|
|Hybrid 15||15 kW||A++||4.15||65°C||5 years|
|Hybrid 21||21 kW||A+||4.14||65°C||5 years|
B0/W35 is the temperature of the anti-freeze (which is circulated through the underground pipes to collect the heat) above ground (0°C) and the temperature of the heating output water (35°C).
Benefits of Kensa ground source heat pumps
Reduce your heating bills
Ground source heat pumps extract heat from the ground which is a sustainable energy source. This removes the need for you to pay for conventional home heating fuels such as gas and oil.
You may see an increase in your electricity bills, however, so you might want to consider powering the heat pump with solar PV.
Receive RHI payments
All Kensa heat pumps are MCS approved which makes them eligible for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI). The RHI is a government funded scheme which pays homeowners for heating their home with a renewable heating system.
Smaller carbon footprint
As a ground source heat pump works to heat the home it doesn't emit carbon into the atmosphere. This is unlike gas and oil boilers.
The electricity delivered to your property may have been generated using fossil fuels though. And this would emit carbon into the atmosphere. For this reason, electricity generation is considered carbon intensive. However, renewable electricity generation is increasing rapidly making it greener than ever.
Kensa ground source heat pump costs
Kensa ground source heat pumps are available from £3,510. Prices go up from this point depending on the range and model.
|Kensa Ground Source Heat Pump Ranges||Cost|
|Twin Compact||From £9.230|
On top of the price of the heat pump, you also need to consider the installation. To get the most competitive price for the installation of a ground source heat pump, we highly recommend comparing quotes.
At Boiler Guide, we have a network of qualified heat pump installers across the UK. To get free no-obligation quotes from up to 3 installers near you simply take a moment to complete our simple online form. Once we know about the work involved, we'll use this information to match you with a suitably qualified heat pump installer.
Get FREE Kensa Ground Source Heat Pump Quotes