We have a fantastic opportunity for a PHP Developer to join our expanding team and make a real impact on an ambitious and fast growing business.
We’re an online lead generation company; we design, create and manage a portfolio of topical and user friendly websites which generate ‘leads’ for UK businesses. What started in 2003 as a handful of determined individuals has blossomed into a diverse team of 25 across development, marketing and sales. Our continued growth means this number is set to rise even higher as we recruit for our next exciting stage.
We’ve generated over 1 million leads through our websites, but our biggest success story is Boiler Guide which attracted 1.86 million site visitors in 2018. We want to make Boiler Guide a household name and have just launched a national PR campaign to get the ball rolling, but we need the right people with us to make it happen.
About the Role
If a varied and busy day is what gets you up in the morning, this could be the perfect position for you. You’ll be working on a range of in-house development tasks, including both new and legacy projects. Our current software stack already utilises automated unit testing, continuous integration, git and a flexible approach to continuous deployment.
Reporting to our CTO and working alongside a website designer and marketing team, you’ll be using your PHP experience and continued learning to develop responsive and sophisticated websites.
Who Are We Looking For?
We’re looking for a talented and motivated back-end PHP developer who is experienced in all standard LAMP technologies, but also ready and willing to widen their skill set with further learning.
Our ideal candidate will be someone with a flexible approach to tasks and a proactive attitude to problem-solving as they’ll have to think on your feet to find the best possible outcome for multiple projects across a rich domain.
- PHP (at least version 7.1 or higher)
- OOP and strong OOD skills with a thorough understanding of what makes code testable
- One or more major PHP framework (we use Symfony at the latest LTS version)
- One or more major source control systems (we use Git)
- PHPUnit or equivalent
- Agile methodologies
- One or more major JS framework (we use Vue and React)
- One or more major ticketing systems (we use Jira)
- Linux Server Admin or at least a basic understanding of CLI commands
What Can We Offer You?
For this role we’re offering a salary of up to £55,000, dependent on experience. We’re a growing company with big plans for the future and for that reason we are committed to providing our employees with the support, motivation and professional challenges they need so they can grow with us. Everyone’s opinion matters at Boiler Guide, and we never stop striving for the best solution to a problem.
Our support doesn’t end when you leave the office. We also offer a wide range of benefits to help you (and your family) to thrive and maintain that all-important work / home balance.
- Auto-enrolment pension with a matched employer contribution of 3%
- Life Assurance providing life cover of 4 x salary
- Private Medical Insurance for all staff plus the option to add family members a reduced corporate cost
- Holiday Loyalty Scheme after 2 years of service
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme, a confidential helpline offering information and guidance regarding work and family life, including any legal questions
- Childcare vouchers
- There’s also free fruit, tea and coffee to distract you when you need it
Our office in Market Harborough is commutable from Leicester, Corby, Kettering, Coventry and Rugby as well as other surrounding areas. There’s free parking for drivers or Market Harborough train station is just a 15-20 minute walk away.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our growing team, we’d love to hear from you. Dazzle us with your development expertise by sending your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com.