We have a fantastic opportunity for a Front End Developer to join our expanding team and make a real impact on an ambitious and fast growing business.
We’re an online lead generation company; we design, develop and manage a portfolio of topical and user friendly lead generation websites, a saas web platform for our clients, and will be launching an accompanying mobile app later this year.
What started in 2003 as a handful of determined individuals has blossomed into a diverse team of 25 across development, marketing and sales. Our continued growth means this number is set to rise even higher as we recruit for our next exciting stage.
We’ve generated over 1 million leads through our websites, but our biggest success story is Boiler Guide which attracted 1.86 million site visitors in 2018. We want to make Boiler Guide a household name, but we need the right people with us to make it happen.
About the Role
If a varied and busy day is what gets you up in the morning, this could be the perfect position for you. You’ll be working on a range of in-house development tasks, including both new and legacy projects. Our current software stack already utilises automated unit testing, continuous integration, git and a flexible approach to continuous deployment.
As the business has expanded, and we’ve moved to more SPA architectures, we really need to level-up our front end skills. This is the perfect opportunity for an opinionated front-end expert to show us the right way to do it.
Reporting to our CTO and working alongside marketing, product and UX teams, you’ll be using your experience to deliver memorable front-end experiences to web (responsive) and mobile (native). You’ll also be helping to build out our first design system.
Who Are We Looking For?
We’re looking for a talented and motivated front-end developer who is experienced in all things HTML, CSS and JS, but also ready and willing to widen their skill set with further learning.
Our ideal candidate will be someone with a flexible approach to tasks and a proactive attitude to problem-solving as they’ll have to think on your feet to find the best possible outcome for multiple projects.
- Expert knowledge in HTML, CSS and JS
- Mobile first, responsive design
- One or more major JS framework (Vue or React preferred)
- Modern JS (ES6/7/8): arrow functions, promises, async functions, let, const, etc
- One or more major source control systems (we use Git)
- Self-initiated learner with a current view on best practice
- Development for native mobile apps
- Design system experience
- Agile methodologies
- Front end testing frameworks: Jest, Mocha, etc (to me this is something we do not focus on enough, especially with moving to SPAs)
- Unit testing Vue/React/Angular components
- E2E testing using Selenium
- Used Jira before
What Can We Offer You?
For this role we’re offering a salary of up to £60,000, dependent on experience. We’re a growing company with big plans for the future and for that reason we are committed to providing our employees with the support, motivation and professional challenges they need so they can grow with us. Everyone’s opinion matters at Boiler Guide, and we never stop striving for the best solution to a problem.
Our support doesn’t end when you leave the office. We also offer a wide range of benefits to help you (and your family) to thrive and maintain that all-important work / home balance.
- Auto-enrolment pension with a matched employer contribution of 3%
- Life Assurance providing life cover of 4 x salary
- Private Medical Insurance for all staff plus the option to add family members a reduced corporate cost
- Holiday Loyalty Scheme after 2 years of service<
- Access to the Employee Assistance Programme, a confidential helpline offering information and guidance regarding work and family life, including any legal questions
- Childcare vouchers
- There’s also free fruit, tea and coffee to distract you when you need it
Our office in Market Harborough is commutable from Leicester, Corby, Kettering, Coventry and Rugby as well as other surrounding areas. There’s free parking for drivers or Market Harborough train station is just a 15-20 minute walk away.
If you think you’ve got what it takes to join our growing team, we’d love to hear from you. Dazzle us with your development expertise by sending your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com.