A smartphone is essential for any tradesperson. They allow you to contact customers, remotely quote on jobs and even get notifications of work in your area.
In this article, we’ll be taking a look through the best smartphones for tradespeople.
Best smartphones for tradespeople
When you buy a new smartphone, you’ll want to be able to rely on it for many years to come. That’s why the best smartphones for tradespeople are built to last with a rugged design that can withstand drops, water and dust.
Samsung states that investing in a rugged phone for your employees can save 58 minutes per day and increase productivity by 34%.
After researching the smartphones trusted by tradespeople, we’ve come up with a list of the best:
- Blackview BL6000
- CAT S62 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro
- Sony Xperia 5 II
- TUFF T1
Blackview may not be one of the most well known smartphone brands but their phones are well worth considering for tradespeople. It has received many awards including ‘Best Camera Rugged Smartphone’ and ‘Toughest 5G Smartphone’.
- Waterproof in depths of up to 1.5 metres for as long as 30 minutes
- Can be dropped from a height of 1.5 metres
- 48 megapixel triple rear camera
- 15 megapixel front camera (great for video calls)
- Will continue to work in temperatures as low as -30°C
|Battery life||480 hours in standby / 24 hours calling|
CAT S62 Pro
The biggest selling point of the CAT S62 Pro, in addition to its ruggedness, is the thermal imagery feature. This could help heating engineers and plumbers, in particular, when it comes to spotting leaks and blockages.
- Professional-grade thermal imaging
- Aluminium body and scratch-proof glass
- Resistance when dropped on concrete from up to 1.8 metres
- Dust, vibration, sand, salt, mist and pressure resistance
|Battery life||48 hours of general use|
Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro
A sleek design with added robustness, the Samsung Galaxy XCover Pro has passed all 21 MIL-STD-810G tests, making it military grade. It can also withstand drops of up to 1.5 metres.
- Dust, dirt, sand, and water resistant
- Tap and swipe without having to take your gloves off
- Remains user-friendly in wet conditions
- The 6.3” screen goes from edge-to-edge – particularly helpful for anyone remotely quoting on jobs
|Battery life||14 hours|
|Price||£400 – £450|
Sony Xperia 5 II
While the selling point of other smartphones in our list is their ruggedness, the Sony Xperia 5 II is far more compact. This means it can fit in smaller pockets than its competitors. Plus, it’s water and dust resistant.
- Water resistant
- Captures clear photos in the dark
- HD display
- IP65/68 water resistance
- Up to 50% charge in only 30 minutes
- 5G connection
|Battery life||9+ hours|
The TUFF T1 has been built for durability without any compensation on design. So you’ll have a strong phone that also looks good.
- Will still work after drops of up to 1.5 metres
- Display adapts to bright environments
- 13 megapixel camera with quick auto focus
- 5 megapixel front-facing camera for video calls
- A micro SD card can be added to increase storage capacity
- Includes the ‘Android Doze’ feature to minimise battery loss when not being used
|Battery life||Week in standby / 24 hours general use|
Get lead notifications straight to your phone
We’re here to support your workload and take the hassle out of finding new customers.
Our websites are visited by over 2 million people each year and many of them ask us to connect them with a tradesperson. Whether that’s a heating engineer, renewable heating installer or solar PV installer.
To do this, they pass through a simple online form, letting us know about the work they need completing. We then qualify the lead by giving them a quick call to confirm their contacts details and guarantee intent.
Once we’re happy, the lead becomes available to buy and you can receive a notification straight to your phone as soon as work becomes available in your area.
It’s completely free to register and there are no hidden fees along the way. Simply pay for the leads you want as and when you want them. It couldn’t be easier.
- Lead alerts straight to your phone
- Pay-as-you-go for the jobs you want
- No contract, no membership fees, no hidden charges