Worcester Bosch ‘Redefining’ UK Heating with New Boiler
Leading boiler brand, Worcester Bosch, have announced that their new boiler range will launch in May 2019. The Greenstar 8000 Lifestyle is the first new boiler the company has released in nearly 5 years and, according to Worcester Bosch, is their most 'stylish' design yet and offers engineers more installation flexibility than previous models.
There are 2 models in the new range: Life and Style. These boilers have been developed as a replacement for their Greenstar CDi Classic which over 1 million households in the UK rely on for their heating and hot water. Worcester Bosch say that the new range has been designed in response to installer feedback they have received over the years and improves on many of the CDi's features.
We asked Worcester Bosch what can heating engineers and homeowners expect from the Worcester Bosch's Greenstar 8000 Lifestyle range.
Introducing the Greenstar 8000 Lifestyle
The Greenstar 8000 Life is available as a combi, system or regular model and in outputs from 30 kW to 50 kW. This makes it the most powerful combi boiler currently available in the market. The Greenstar 8000 Style has all the same features and benefits of the Life, but is available in 2 high-gloss colour choice: black or white. As its name suggests, the boiler has been designed with aesthetics as a priority to try and change the perception of boilers amongst homeowners.
- The Greenstar 8000 Lifestyle has an increased modulation ratio (1:10) designed to improve fuel efficiency, user comfort and extend the life of the boiler by preventing on/off cycling.
- The new model has been designed with simple installation in mind and is both robust and lightweight. The internal components are easily accessible with only one screw to take off the front cover and the top and side panels are also removable.
- The Greenstar 8000 Lifestyle is compatible with the latest intelligent and smart technology, including full wireless connectivity with the Bosch EasyControl
- The boiler is compatible with the Greenstar Intelligent Filling System. This feature is an industry first which ensures the boiler maintains optimum pressure without the need to operate a filling link.
- The Greenstar Style features a push-button LCD display control panel which gives the user a simple, full-colour display and text descriptions.
Martyn Bridges, Director of Technical Communication and Product Management at Worcester Bosch, says:
"It's been nearly five years since we've launched a new boiler, the team has put a lot of time and consideration into the Greenstar 8000 Lifestyle range and we have no doubt that this will transform the industry.
"By listening to feedback from hundreds of installers, we were able to build a number of improvements into the new range and we are proud to be one of the first to be leveraging technology in boilers."