Ideal Boilers: Compare Efficiency, Warranty & Price
Since 1906, Ideal Boilers has been manufacturing boilers to meet the ever-changing heating needs of homeowners across the UK. Ideal offer an incredibly extensive range of combi, regular and system gas boilers meaning there’s a suitable option for the heating and hot water demands of almost any home.
As Ideal have so many boilers on offer, it’s important to know what you’re looking for when comparing them. Some of the key things to look out for include output rating, efficiency, warranty and, of course, the potential cost. Remember to include your current boiler as part of any comparisons.
- Output: Measured in kilowatts (kW), the output rating lets you know the level of demand for central heating and domestic hot water the unit is capable of meeting. To put it simply, a boiler with a higher output rating will be better suited to larger homes with higher demands. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean that you buy the boiler with the highest output. If you were to do this then you could see your energy bills rise unnecessarily. Likewise, a boiler with an output rating that’s too low won’t be able to meet the heating and hot water demands of your home.
System and regular boilers have a central heating (CH) output rating while combi boilers also have a domestic hot water (DHW) output.
- Efficiency: The efficiency rating shows how much of the fuel is converted into usable energy. Many Ideal boilers achieve efficiencies of over 90% making them highly efficient which could to lower your energy bills.
- Warranty: After the installation of your new boiler you want to know that you’ll be covered by the manufacturer in the unlikely event of an issue. Ideal offer extensive warranties of up to 10-12 years on some of their boilers to see that you’re well covered.
- Price: Ideal are a premium boiler manufacturer which means that the prices of their boilers can be at the higher end of the scale at over £1,000 in some cases.
When looking for a new boiler, Ideal is a manufacturer that’s well worth considering. Using our Boiler Comparison Tool, you can compare the key specifications of up to 4 different boilers.
Review Ideal combi boilers
A combi boiler provides heating and hot water on demand as and when needed. Unlike regular and system boilers there’s no need for any additional tanks of cylinders, making them cost-effective and space-saving units. While this is a major benefit of combi boilers, if your home has a high demand for domestic hot water (more than 2 bathrooms), then a system boiler would be the better option.
All Ideal combi boilers perform to a highly efficient level and are covered by lengthy warranties of between 2 and 10 years.
Review Ideal regular boilers
Regular boilers are recommended for installation in a property that already has the appropriate pipework. This is because regular boilers need to be part of a heating system which also includes a feed and expansion tank and a hot water cylinder. While this does mean that you’ll need plenty of space around the property, they are able to meet higher demand for central heating and domestic hot water.
Ideal regular boilers come in a very wide range of output ratings, from 18 kW right up to 150 kW. It’s unlikely that you’ll need such a powerful boiler in a domestic setting but it’s good to know that Ideal have you covered no matter the level of demand your property has for heating and hot water.
Compare Ideal system boilers
System boilers are a great choice if you have multiple bathrooms and a high demand for hot water. This is because they store hot water in a cylinder where it’s ready to be delivered to a hot water outlet when needed and even multiple at the same time. Ideal system boilers achieve incredibly high efficiency ratings of over 90% with the Logic System reaching 98.7%.
Ideal Boilers are a great choice for any homeowner looking for a reliable and competitively priced boiler. To find out exactly how much a new boiler is likely to cost you send us an enquiry today to receive up to 3 free quotes from local Gas Safe engineers.
Benefits of an Ideal combi boiler
Lots of UK homeowners opt for a combination or ‘combi’ boiler – in fact at Ideal, these are one of the most popular product ranges.
The big benefit of an Ideal combi boiler as it doesn’t actually need a hot water cylinder or a tank – which is great if space is at a premium either in your home or in your loft space.
- No tank means you only heat the hot water you need, as you need it.
- Hot water on demand so you don’t have to wait.
- It’s the energy efficient solution as there’s no wastage.
- This popular boiler design won’t break the bank with installation and repair costs.
Benefits of an Ideal regular boiler
Energy efficiency is one of the biggest benefits you’ll experience once you have your new boiler installed. Ideal offers a range of regular boiler options at great prices, but don’t forget even if the upfront cost seems like a large expense, you’ll be saving money every day once it’s up and running.
If peace of mind is important, the Ideal Logic Heat comes with up to 7-year parts and labour warranty, which shows this boiler shouldn’t let you down.
And if you want an energy efficient floor-standing model, take a look at the Ideal Mexico regular boiler with its modern aluminium finish to match in with other appliances. The Mexico HE is just one of boilers from the Heat Only collection, which includes Logic + Heat and Imax W. As part of the range it promises performance and superb efficiency, with outputs ranging between 15kW – 36kW.
Highly efficient and floor standing, the Mexico range of Heat Only boilers are a perfect solution for replacement installations. The Mexico HE comes complete with a one year parts and labour warranty as standard. Beneficial features include frost protection, so your boiler will run in harsh weather, low NOx levels for low emissions, a range of flue options, and a compact design.
- Available in smaller sizes to fit in a kitchen cupboard
- Simple controls and easy to use
- Longer than standard warranties available on some models
- Logic Heat is recommended by the Energy Savings Trust
Benefits of an Ideal system boiler
System boilers are perfect if you need to maximise living space they don’t require an expansion tank or cold-water cistern.
They are designed to pump hot water to radiators and heat up water in a storage cylinder often located in an airing cupboard.
The cylinder stores the hot water until it’s needed providing plenty to use on demand.
- Suitable for smaller properties as well as larger well-insulated homes.
- Compact size, wall-mounted boiler designed to fit in a kitchen cupboard.
- Approved by the Energy Saving Trust.
- Available in a range of outputs to suit all homes and heating requirements.
Ideal Boiler Service
It’s important to keep your boiler in the best possible condition with an annual boiler service by a professional engineer. This will ensure the boiler can operate as efficiently as possible, keeping heating bills to a minimum, and that there are no potential safety issues to be concerned about. A boiler service is also a great way to catch and fix small repairs before they have the chance to worsen over time and cause an expensive breakdown. Find out what’s involved in an annual boiler service, why it’s so important, the benefits and how much they cost in Ideal Boiler Service.
Ideal Boiler Warranty
Every boiler manufacturer offers a standard warranty with their boilers which last between 1-10 years. The warranty is your insurance policy and means if a fault develops the manufacturer will resolve it within a specified time frame. Some warranties include both parts and labour while others may only cover parts. The most important thing to remember is to get your boiler serviced by a Gas Safe registered engineer every year as failing to do so is likely to invalidate your warranty. For more detail about this brand’s warranty (including the small print) take a look at Ideal Boiler Warranty.
Ideal Boiler Repair Advice
Even the highest quality boiler can develop faults and problems as they age. Some are minor issues you may be able to handle yourself but most will need a Gas Safe registered engineer to diagnose and repair the problem. To find out if there are any common problems associated with this manufacturer you can read our guide to Ideal Boiler Repairs & Common Ideal Boiler Problems.
Need a one-off boiler repair?
Ideal Heating Controls
The Touch Connect is an app-controlled thermostat which is compatible with Alexa voice control and heating control directly from your smartphone. This control is designed for Ideal combi boilers.
Ideal offer wall mounted thermostats with touchscreens for Combi boilers (Touch Combi) and System / Heat Only boilers (Touch Heat & System). It includes flexible timer options for weekly, day-to-day, weekday/weekend schedules.
A Radio Frequency (RF) digital timer providing heating and hot water control via a simple wall mounted unit with a digital user interface.