Vaillant’s award-winning combi, system and open vent boilers are renowned for their reliability, performance and efficiency. As well as efficient gas combi, regular and system boilers, Vaillant have also been making waves in renewable heating with their own range of heat pumps.
There are a few things that you should look out for when comparing boilers including output rating, efficiency, warranty and the potential cost. We explain each of this in more detail below.
- Output: This is the power of the boiler. Measured in kilowatts (kW), the output rating is one of the most important things to consider when comparing replacement boilers. The right output to suit the heating and hot water demands of your home is essential as an output that’s too low won’t meet demand and an output that’s too high could increase your energy bills.
- Efficiency: Gas is an effective way of heating the home but when burnt there is some waste. The amount of fuel that’s turned into usable energy is reflected in the efficiency rating. Vaillant boilers are well known for being highly efficient.
- Warranty: A promise from the manufacturer that they will see that you’re protected after the installation of your new boiler. Vaillant boilers have warranties of 2-7 years depending on the model and whether certain terms are met.
- Price: Vaillant are one of the leading UK boiler manufacturers with prices of around £1,000.
Compare Vaillant boilers using our Boiler Comparison Tool. Hit the ‘add boiler’ symbol in the table to compare up to 4 different boilers. We recommend adding your existing boiler to the comparison.
Compare the costs of Vaillant combi boilers
Combi boilers are the best option for homes with 1-2 bathrooms. They deliver hot water on demand rather than storing it in a cylinder as system and regular boilers do. This means that you never have to wait for the cylinder to fill up, giving you instant access to hot water. Vaillant were pioneers of the combi boiler and they have a number of reliable and efficient units at various price points so you are sure to find the right boiler to fit your budget.
Compare Vaillant Regular boiler prices
Regular boilers are the best option if your home is already being heated by a regular boiler. Otherwise, a combi or system boiler would be make for a much more straightforward installation. With output ratings of 15 kW up to 35 kW, there will be a suitable Vaillant regular boiler for a range of property types.
Compare Vaillant system boiler prices
There are plenty of options in the Vaillant system range of boilers so you should be able to find something that ticks your boxes in terms of heating and water requirements that doesn’t blow the budget either.
Using Boiler Guide, you can get free quotes from up to 3 Gas Safe registered engineers for the installation of a Vaillant boiler.
Benefits of Vaillant combi boilers
Combination boilers or ‘combi’ boilers are the most popular type of boiler in the UK.
These space saving boilers don’t require a hot water cylinder or a tank and offer various outputs across three ranges:
- ecoTEC Plus combi boilers
- ecoTEC Exclusive combi boilers
- ecoTEC Pro combi boilers
Benefits of these Vaillant combi boilers include:
- No need for a hot water storage tank or lots of pipework
- Straightforward to install and cost effective for repairs too
- Provides your hot water on demand so you’re not limited by a tank size
- An energy efficient choice as you only heat the water you actually need
Benefits of Vaillant regular boilers
Choosing a new boiler can be daunting, especially if the existing boiler has been in place for years.
Boilers have changed significantly in the last decade and are more energy efficient than ever before.
Vaillant offer the ideal solution for older properties with their Regular boiler range.
These are the perfect modern-day replacement for your older boiler and should be close to like-for-like in terms of design and pipework, but with the benefits of a new system.
Benefits of a Regular boiler
- Older property? This is an ideal replacement as the pipework will be similar
- It’s fine to use more than one tap at the same time
- Works well with an electric immersion heater as a hot water back-up
- Can be used with solar thermal panels to heat your water
Benefits of Vaillant system boilers
Modern home owners love the Vaillant System range of boilers as they’re designed for the way we live today.
When space is at a premium, who wants to find room for a bulky cold water storage tank? And if you’re lucky enough to have a loft conversion, there’s no room for it up there either.
The Vaillant system range is the ideal solution for lots of reasons.
- Many heating components are built-in, so installation is easy
- No need for a cold water feed tank means it’s ideal for smaller homes or those without loft space
- Thinking of using solar to heat water? A system boiler is compatible
- Serves multiple taps simultaneously without reducing water pressure or temperature
Get Vaillant Boiler Quotes
Get quotes to supply and fit a new boiler now.
Vaillant Boiler Service
It’s important to keep your boiler in the best possible condition with an annual boiler service by a professional engineer. This will ensure the boiler can operate as efficiently as possible, keeping heating bills to a minimum, and that there are no potential safety issues to be concerned about. A boiler service is also a great way to catch and fix small repairs before they have the chance to worsen over time and cause an expensive breakdown. Find out what’s involved in an annual boiler service, why it’s so important, the benefits and how much they cost in Vaillant Boiler Service.
Vaillant Boiler Warranty
Every boiler manufacturer offers a standard warranty with their boilers which last between 1-10 years. The warranty is your insurance policy and means if a fault develops the manufacturer will resolve it within a specified time frame. Some warranties include both parts and labour while others may only cover parts. The most important thing to remember is to get your boiler serviced by a Gas Safe registered engineer every year as failing to do so is likely to invalidate your warranty. For more detail about this brand’s warranty (including the small print) take a look at Vaillant Boiler Warranty.
Vaillant Boiler Repair Advice
Even the highest quality boiler can develop faults and problems as they age. Some are minor issues you may be able to handle yourself but most will need a Gas Safe registered engineer to diagnose and repair the problem. To find out if there are any common problems associated with this manufacturer you can read our guide to Vaillant Boiler Repairs & Common Vaillant Boiler Problems.
Need a one-off boiler repair?
Vaillant Error Codes
Error codes may appear on your boiler’s display; it’s your boiler’s way of telling you that something is wrong. Each manufacturer uses a different coding system to help an engineer to diagnose a fault. In some cases it may be a simple issue such as low pressure which you can adjust yourself but more technical faults will certainly need a professional. We’ve put together a list of error codes for all Vaillant Boilers to help you understand what’s wrong before you contact an engineer.
Vaillant Heating Controls
Vaillant offers a wide range of different controls and thermostats from simple analogue heating timers to smartphone App based thermostat – vSMART – which enables you to manage your heating from a smart device wherever you are.
Vaillant Renewable Heating Solutions
Vaillant also offer one of the widest ranges of renewable heating solutions on the market including:
In addition, Vaillant also manufacture a hybrid heating solution, the aroTHERM Hybrid, which is a combination of an air source heat pump and a condensing gas combi boiler. The intelligent system automatically detects which of the two technologies is the more energy efficient and cost effective to use depending on the weather and switches between them to heat water for your home.