Compare Viessmann Biomass Boiler Prices & Reviews
Already recognised as an industry-leading manufacturer of efficient and effective heating systems, Viessmann are now making great strides in the renewable energy market. Viessmann Vitoligno 300-C biomass boilers are fuelled by wood pellets and are an ideal renewable heating system for detached homes as well as apartment buildings.
Ahead of investing in a biomass boiler, it's important to consider the output rating, efficiency, warranty and, of course, the potential cost.
- Output: The correct output rating is vital when having a new boiler installed, no matter the type of fuel. It's measured in kilowatts (kW) and needs to suit the heating and hot water demands of your home otherwise it either won't be able to meet demand or lead to your heating bills increasing.
Viessmann Vitoligno 300-C biomass boilers are available in outputs from 2.4 kW right up to 48 kW making them suitable for properties of almost any size.
- Efficiency: As a renewable heating system, biomass boilers are highly efficient. Viessmann biomass boilers achieve efficiencies of up to 95.3% which means that very little heat produced by the fuel is wasted.
- Warranty: After the installation of your biomass boiler, you want to know that you'll be protected in the unlikely event of a fault. And this is where the warranty comes in. During the warranty period, the manufacturer will cover some or all of the costs involved in repairing the boiler in line with their terms and conditions.
- Price: One of the deciding factors with any long term investment is bound to be the price. Biomass boilers are more expensive than gas boilers but that doesn't tell the whole story. Fuel for biomass boilers is often cheaper than natural gas, a fuel that is also rising in price on an annual basis. In addition, for installing a renewable heating system, you can receive quarterly payments through the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI).
Viessmann biomass boilers
The only biomass boiler manufactured by Viessmann is the Vitoligno 300-C. Fortunately, it's available in a wide range of outputs of 2.4 kW right up to 48 kW.
|Viessmann biomass boiler model||Output rating (kW)||Fuel type||Efficiency||Efficiency rating||Warranty||Potential cost|
|Vitoligno 300-C||2.4 – 8||Pellets||Up to 95.3%||A+||2 years||£9,000 – £10,000|
|Vitoligno 300-C||2.4 – 12||Pellets||Up to 95.3%||A+||2 years||£9,000 – £10,000|
|Vitoligno 300-C||6 – 18||Pellets||Up to 95.3%||A+||2 years||£9,000 – £10,000|
|Vitoligno 300-C||8 – 24||Pellets||Up to 95.3%||A+||2 years||£9,000 – £10,000|
|Vitoligno 300-C||11 – 32||Pellets||Up to 95.3%||A+||2 years||£9,000 – £10,000|
|Vitoligno 300-C||13- 40||Pellets||Up to 95.3%||A+||2 years||£9,000 – £10,000|
|Vitoligno 300-C||18 – 48||Pellets||Up to 95.3%||A+||2 years||£9,000 – £10,000|
Once you've found the most suitable biomass boiler for your property, you can get free installation quotes from local heating engineers.
Benefits of Viessmann biomass boilers
Heating your home with a renewable heating system, such as a biomass boiler, comes with many benefits – particularly over gas and oil.
- A sustainable fuel source that won't run out – unlike fossil fuels
- Burning wood and other plant-based organisms is a carbon neutral process
- Fuel is typically cheaper than gas and oil, prices of which are on the rise
- Could help to lower your heating bills as well as your property's carbon footprint
- As a reward for generating your own renewable heating, you could be eligible to receive payments through the Renewable Heat Incentive.
In addition to these biomass boiler benefits, the Viessmann Vitoligno 300-C has a number of its very own advantages:
- A renewable heating system that's able to reach highly efficient levels of up to 95.3%
- Boasts space-saving and flexible installation
- Ash is removed automatically which means that you don't have to remove it yourself
- Can be controlled using a smartphone via the Viessmann app
Viessmann biomass boiler service
The best way to keep your biomass boiler operating reliably, safely and efficiently for many years to come is with an annual service. A biomass boiler service involves a qualified engineer examining and testing your boiler once each year. To keep the warranty valid, you will need to have your Viessmann boiler serviced on an annual basis. Get more details in Viessmann Boiler Service.
Viessmann biomass boiler warranty
Viessmann Vitoligno 300-C biomass boilers are available with a 2 year warranty as standard. During this time, Viessmann will cover the costs of faults that come about as a result of the manufacturing process. Find out more in Viessmann Boiler Warranties.
Interested in a biomass boiler?