Which is the Best 28kW Combi Boiler?
Smaller properties with 1 bathroom and around 10 radiators should be looking to install the best 28kW combi boiler. Here we reveal the best models and manufacturers:
- ATAG i28C
- Baxi EcoBlue Advance
- Heatline Capriz 2
- Navien NCB
- Potterton Titanium
- Vaillant ecoTEC Pro
- Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28CDi Compact
Get FREE Combi Boiler Quotes
Is a 28 kW combi right for my home?
Before deciding which of the best 28kW combi boilers you want to have installed, you need to know that a 28kW combi is right for your home. The best way to find out is by getting the expert opinion of a Gas Safe Registered engineer – and you can get free quotes right here.
However, to give you an idea, a 28kW combi boiler would comfortably be able to meet the heating and hot water demands of a home with 1 bathroom and around 10 radiators.
The best 28kW combi boilers
If your property is suited to a 28kW combi boiler then your options are anything but limited. Below is a table of the best 28kW combi boilers, ranging from budget-friendly options to more premium models.
|Best 28kW Combi Boilers||Seasonal Space Heating Efficiency||ErP Rating||Standard Warranty|
|ATAG i28C||94%||A||10 years|
|Baxi EcoBlue Advance||89.1%||A||10 years|
|Heatline Capriz 2||89.3%||A||2 years|
|Navien NCB||93%||A||7 years|
|Potterton Titanium||91.1%||A||7 years|
|Vaillant ecoTEC Pro||94%||A||2 years|
|Worcester Greenstar 28CDi Compact||92%||A||5 years|
ATAG have a lot of faith in the reliability and performance of their boilers, attaching a 10 year warranty to everyone of them as standard. And it's no surprise that they do come with such a comprehensive warranty as the ATAG i28C boasts some great features:
- Compact dimensions of 700 x 440 x 355mm (HxWxD)
- Hot water flow rate of 11.5 litres per minute (at 35°C temperature rise)
- A weather compensator automatically changes the temperature based on the conditions outside – helping to lower energy bills
- Fitted with an iCon heat exchanger which comes with a lifetime guarantee
- When used alongside the ATAG ONE Zone controller, the ErP rating is increased from A to A+
The ATAC iC range of combi boilers are also available in outputs of 24kW, 36kW and 40kW – making them a suitable option for properties of various sizes.
Baxi EcoBlue Advance
The Baxi EcoBlue Advance range of combi boilers are reliable and efficient with a model to suit many different homes. Here's what the 28 kW model has to offer:
- User friendly controls
- High flow rate of 11.5 litres per minute
- Designed for a straightforward installation which will save you time and money
- Class 5 NOx rating which will help to make your home heating system more environmentally-friendly.
Baxi EcoBlue Advance combi boilers are also available in output ratings of 24kW, 33kW and 40kW.
Heatline Capriz 2
Amongst homeowners, Heatline are one of the lesser known manufacturers but they have a great reputation with installers for being a budget-friendly option.
- Delivers a high hot water flow rate of 11.4 litres per minute
- Fitted with a Grundfos pump which helps to increase the speed at which hot water is delivered to taps
- Will keep running through freezing winter temperatures thanks to a frost protection feature
- An aluminium heat exchanger allows the boiler to run at highly efficient levels
The Heatline Capriz range only includes one other boiler which has an output rating of 24kW.
Navien NCB combi boilers have been designed to perform at a highly efficient level which can help to lower your energy bills. To achieve such efficient performance, Navien boilers have a number of features built-in as standard:
- Flexible flue lengths give you greater choice when it comes to deciding on a location for the boiler
- Constructed using stainless steel and brass components for increased efficiency
- As a fully-modulating unit energy waste is always kept to an absolute minimum
- Delivers a hot water flow rate of 16.1 litres per minute (at 25°C temperature rise)
Combi boilers with output ratings of 24kW, 30kW and 40kW are also available in the Navien NCB range.
Potterton are part of the Baxi Group so it's no surprise that their range of Titanium boilers are highly efficient and covered by an extensive 7 year warranty.
- Flue options of up to 20 metres gives greater flexibility when it comes to finding a location for the boiler
- Delivers hot water to taps at a high rate of 11.5 litres per minute
- Endorsed by the Energy Saving Trust
The Titanium range also includes more powerful 33 kW and 40 kW models as well as a smaller 24 kW combi.
Vaillant ecoTEC Pro
While a 2 year warranty as standard might not be as long as some of the other best 28kW combi boilers, it can be extended to 7 years when installed by a Vaillant Advance installer.
- Fitted with a low NOx burner and fan for increased efficiency
- Frost protection keeps the boiler running through freezing winter conditions
- Switch on the 'aquaCOMFORT' mode to speed up delivery of the hot water to the taps
- Modulation range of 1:4 to ensure that only the necessary amount of energy needed at any one time is used
- Quiet Mark accreditation so you can be confident that you won't be disturbed
Whether you need a lower or higher output than 28 kW, the Vaillant ecoTEC range also includes outputs of 24 kW and 30 kW.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28CDi Compact
Worcester Bosch are a leading boiler manufacturer and their Greenstar range of boilers lead the way in terms of efficiency and performance. The CDi Compact range all have a central heating output rating of 24kW with this model having a 28kW output for domestic hot water.
- As the name suggests, this is a compact unit that can be installed within a kitchen cupboard for a discrete installation
- User-friendly controls and display
- Electrical usage is kept at a minimum thanks to being fitted with a low energy pump
- Frost protection helps to prevent the boiler from freezing when installed into a garage or loft
- Install the 28CDi alongside the Bosch EasyControl and it will achieve an ErP A+ rating for efficiency
The 28CDi is the least powerful model in the range, with more powerful 32 kW and 36 kW units also available.
Get FREE Combi Boiler Quotes
How much 28 kW combi boilers cost?
Combi boilers are typically priced at around £1,000. Prices will go up and down from that depending on the model and manufacturer.
|Best 28kW Combi Boilers||Potential Cost (excluding installation)|
|Baxi EcoBlue Advance||£1,250|
|Heatline Capriz 2||£550|
|Vaillant ecoTEC Pro||£990|
|Worcester Bosch Greenstar 28CDi Compact||£1,565|
As well as the cost of the unit, you will also need to consider the installation. Installation costs depend on the work involved and will vary from installer to installer. A typical combi boiler installation will cost £500 – £1,000.
Best 28kW off-grid combi boilers
A gas boiler can't be installed into properties that aren't connected to the gas network but, fortunately, some of the best 28kW combi boilers are LPG compatible. LPG, short for Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG), is a gas that is stored at the property, rather than being delivered through pipes as and when needed. See which the best 28kW combi boilers are LPG compatible in the table below.
|Best 28kW Combi Boilers||LPG Compatible?|
|Baxi EcoBlue Advance||No|
|Heatline Capriz 2||No|
|Vaillant ecoTEC Pro||Yes|
|Worcester Greenstar 28CDi Compact||Yes|
Alternatively, off-grid properties could have an oil boiler installed. Now, the best 28kW combi boilers we've highlighted above are all gas boilers and won't run on oil. However, the Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heatslave II could also be suitable for properties with 1 bathroom and around 10 radiators.
|Combi Oil Boiler||Output Rating||Seasonal Space Heating Efficiency Rating||Warranty||Potential Cost (without installation)|
|Worcester Bosch Greenstar Heatslave II||32 kW||91%||2 Years||£2,350|
Get free boiler quotes today
For the installation of your new combi boiler, you will need a fully-qualified heating engineer. At Boiler Guide, we have a network of heating engineers right across the UK and can connect you with those based in your local area.
Simply complete our online form, which should only take a few moments, letting us know about the job you need carrying out. You'll then get free quotes from up to 3 heating engineers for you to compare.
Get FREE Combi Boiler Quotes